Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Seward's Jolly

The move to Seward went off without a hitch (except hitching the trailer to the truck), it was a good way to ease into the upcoming trip home and get comfortable with the trailer behind me again. It was cloudy and not raining when I left St. Theresa, but it started raining about 30 miles west of Seward and by the time I got to Stoney Creek it was an all out downpour. After getting the rig set up and taking a breather I donned my waders and rain gear and headed to the beach to try my luck at snagging some Silvers. The first place I tried I had to myself, but I wasn't catching any fish. I then moved a couple of hundred yards east, closer to some other fisherman and caught my first fish, a Pink, then a Silver, then two more. I lost my gear and went to the truck with the thought of heading home, but some guys close to where I originally started fishing were catching quite a few so I retied and headed back down. It wasn't to long before I caught my last three and headed off to the cleaning station. After moving we could actually see the schools of fish swimming about 15-20 yards out in front of us. After cleaning fish it was back to the rig, after getting the fish laid out to dry I made some supper and then packaged fish. What a great day, I only wish my friends & Rosalie were here to join in on the fun. Oh, yeah it rained hard most of the time I was fishing, so there are clothes and waders hanging everywhere in the trailer try to get things dried out, at least a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment