Saturday, September 9, 2017

Not only a day of travel, but reflection 09-09-2017

I got the truck serviced this morning including a new fuel filter (truck computer said it was due) and was back to the RV park by 10:15 a.m. After I got stuff stowed and ready for travel I pulled out of Big Bear RV Park at Palmer and headed north on Hwy. 3. As I drove north the leaves were showing more color the further I went. I also saw lots of hunters heading north. I took my time and enjoyed the scenery, stopping at one place to take some pictures and pick some blueberries. I stopped at an RV park at Healy, but they only had dry sites left so I continued on and ended up at a nice place in Nenana. After getting hooked up I made some lunch/supper and watched our Cast Away (Tom Hanks) DVD. The dishes are done and I am taking some time to do computer stuff. As for the reflecting part, it will be one year ago tomorrow that Dad went home to Heaven. I think of him often and more so today as I passed places we visited with him and Mom in 2007. I am thankful they were able to join us in Alaska as it was always a place Dad talked about visiting. I am only 60-65 miles from my next stop, Riverview RV Park at North Pole, AK. Time to do some sightseeing and re-packing until the 13th when I pick up my uncles at the train station.

No comments:

Post a Comment