Friday, September 8, 2017

Seward to Palmer 09/08/2017

Today I broke camp at Seward and began the journey north to Fairbanks, with first stop being Big Bear RV Park along Hwy 3 (Parks Hwy.) near Palmer. It took me 3 hours to make the trip and pulled into Big Bear at 12:30 p.m. After checking in and getting set up I ate some lunch and called Alaska Sales to see if I could get the truck serviced today instead of tomorrow morning, but they didn't have nay openings. It was then off to Palmer to get fuel and then back to the rig. It is a great day, the sun came out and I could see several snow capped mountains as I drove. The trees are also starting to change and the fireweed is bright red making for a very beautiful trip. After getting the truck serviced I will probably hook up and head north on the Parks Hwy. with hopes to stop somewhere around Denali for the night and some sight seeing. If the weather isn't favorable I will continue onto Fairbanks. It looks like it is only about 330 miles to Riverview RV Park at North Pole. my last stop before meeting uncles Rick & Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment