Thursday, June 11, 2015

The last couple of days

I started fishing low tide Tuesday about 11:15 a.m. and fished until 2:00 p.m. without getting a fish, there were only a couple of other guys out fishing and the commercial fisherman circled the bay and didn't set their nets, so my guess is there were no fish to be caught.  I did however get to see a whale breach 4-5 times and saw several sea lions fishing too.  It rained all day Tuesday and through all of last night and until mid afternoon Wednesday, when it finally let up.

Since the weather was so crappy I made an appointment forWednesday in Anchorage to have the #1 cylinder glow plug replaced which was the reason for my check engine light.  They also adjusted the transmission which fixed the rough shift from 6th to 5th gear.  I left camp at 5:05 a.m. and was at the dealer by 7:15. On the way back to camp near Whittier the check engine light came on again, so I will have another trip to Anchorage sometime in the future.  I am going to try and get it diagnosed in Seward so I at least know why it's on.  On the way to Anchorage I was lucky enough to see a black wolf along the road, but it didn't cooperate for a picture.

We decided to fish high tide Wednesday evening and headed out to the the fishing spot after supper and around 7:15 p.m.  We fished until 9:00 and here's more from Rosalie.

 Wednesday, I swam with the fishes.  I was reeling in my 3rd salmon, and backing up to get it onto the rock beach. I slipped and landed on my back in the water…..water went up the back of my raincoat, and down into my waders. Ken came running over to help me, and I handed him the pole to land the fish. Then as I floundered around, I slipped again, and he insisted on helping me get up…luckily the fish was securely snagged and we didn’t lose it. Ken didn’t even run for the camera, so we have no entry for AFV. We fished for another hour; I must have caught my quota (the limit is 6, so I did not limit out) because I didn’t catch another fish. Ken started catching then, and we finished the night with 5.

This Boat came in just when we finished fishing and they drove a truck onto it, it was entertaining to say the least

We fish where this boat is and about where Rosalie took the picture

The wet fisherwoman - What a trooper.....We take our catch to town and clean them at the City cleaning station that has running water and a nice cleaning area.

No comments:

Post a Comment