Thursday, June 25, 2015

I Feel The Earth Move Under My Feet

Not much new to report since last time, we have been spending time fishing, fishing and fishing. When we are not fishing we are resting, sleeping, visiting or eating.  The fishing has slowed down, but we are still catching fish.  Yesterday Bill and I fished low tide. we started fishing about 1:00 p.m. and quit at 3:00 p.m.   We caught 2 Reds, 2 Flounder and I caught my first Chum Salmon.  Then last night we went to Ray's Waterfront Restaurant (rayswaterfrontak.com/ ) for supper, Bill and I had prime rib, Rosalie had seafood Alfredo and Edna had
halibut. It was good food and great atmosphere.  Today Bill, Edna and Rosalie went to Anchorage and
I am watching camp and taking care of  the dogs.

We have 77 fish in the freezer and it is about 2/3 full.  The Seward Reds are smaller than the Kenai Reds, 
so if we have good luck fishing the Kenai the freezer will fill up fast.  We are seeing a family of eagles
around the park, they are fun to watch.  There has also been a Grizzly hanging out near the fish weir
just northwest of camp.

The weather has been in the 60's - 70's during the day and 50's at night with no rain, but rain is forecast
for the next few days.   Yesterday while Bill and I were out fishing there was a 5.8 earthquake that
Rosalie and Edna said they felt in camp that lasted about a minute.

Monday we move to St Theresa.


No comments:

Post a Comment