Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Heat Wave

After a week of rain we have had sunny and "hot" weather.  Temps for the past 3 days have been in the 80's breaking temperature records.  We have been running the air conditioner from about 9am until the sun goes behind the mountains around 8pm.

Yesterday I took the truck back to the Chev dealer in anchorage to have the check engine light diagnosed, after 8 hours I was on my way back to Seward.  They were unable to find anything wrong,  and the light went out on its own while they were working on it.  They said that sometimes happens, the computer senses a problem and turns on the light and if the engine corrects itself and after so many ignition starts the computer resets.  On one hand I'm glad nothing was wrong and the other I wish they could have diagnosed what caused the problem.  Either way I have been very impressed with the service department and their willingness to make me happy.  They even gave me a loaner truck to drive around Anchorage while I waited.  I have been going to Lithia Chevrolet of South Anchorage and working with Hart Schwarz, a service adviser who is from Neenah, WI.  The drive up was good, but the ride home was slow because of traffic and road construction.

Bill and I have been fishing a lot and catching lots of fish, to date we have 45 Reds in the freezer, three more than we did when we left here last year on the 24th.  We plan to fish again tonight around 7pm.  Last night we fished from 7:30p until 11:45pm, but we did catch our limit of 12 salmon. just before we left a friend from from Scenic View, Howard Borman came down fishing, so we visited and  got caught up. We have also been eating supper with Bill and Edna and having great meals and sharing stories.

The dogs are doing well and look forward to their daily outings.  Once we get to Sterling/Soldotna it will be time to give them both haircuts.

Well, off to walk the dogs and stop at the post office.




No comments:

Post a Comment