Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Grin & BEAR It!

Bear Update........

Last night around 9:30pm, just before dark I grabbed my fishing pole and was on my way to make a few casts from the west pier before dark.  As I was walking past the cabins there was another guest sitting outside for a smoke break.  While talking with him I noticed a bear down near the end of the pier, I quick went and summoned Rosalie and Carl our camp host.  While looking for/at the small bear the Moma (BIG) bear stepped onto the pier with her front feet and looked at us.  She didn't stick around long before jumping over the pier to join junior.  Needless to say I did not fish last night.  If I hadn't stopped to talk with the guy I would have just got to the end of the pier and maybe got one cast before the bear would have come through.  Yikes!!!

Then...Around 5:00 a.m. we were awakened by a man yelling "Hey Bear" and heard some commotion coming from the bathhouse area.  Investigation revealed that a guy walking to the bathroom startled a bear that was about to get into the garbage cans there.

Here are some pictures of the "startled bear" walking onto the east pier and past my trail camera.

Yeah!!!!!   We get to see more bears....






No comments:

Post a Comment