Friday, July 15, 2016

It's for the beans

Although today is nice 70's the early part of the week was for the Beans 90's and humid.  I would much rather have 60's - 70's.

Yesterday was for the beans also, I stopped at the farm and picked 2+ ice cream buckets of Green Beans that my brother Phil planted in one of his many gardens.  I nipped, washed and cut them up last night and canned them this morning.  My goal was to get 16 pints and that's exactly what I got. Since we are usually in Alaska this time of year we don't get to can as much as we would like to. Thanks Bro!



For those wondering Dad is holding his own and has a doctors appointment on the 19th, we'll see what they say and maybe I will come back to Alaska to finish out the summer.  Thank You to all who have sent prayers and thoughts.

A definite rain mark where the last storm passed across the front yard.  No, really this is the area that has been sprayed twice now with Round-Up with one more spraying (if needed) in preparation of planting a prairie flower/grass mixture sometime late October/early November.


No comments:

Post a Comment