Thursday, August 28, 2014

What are you doing?????

Traffic has slowed down in/around Soldotna as summer comes to an end, after the upcoming Labor Day weekend it will slow down some more.  We have been in a rainy stretch getting some rain every day.  Our camp host along with Rosalie and I have been nursing colds, the last two days being the worst for me and Monday/Tuesday being the worst for Rosalie.

Last Monday was the last time I have been fishing when I went to Big Eddy and caught 1 Red and 20 Pinks in 2 hours.  It sounds like the Silvers are running in Seward and we would like to get back over there to try and catch some, I was going to go yesterday, but my cold prevented it.

Jim, Lyman and Fritz Meacham plan to leave tomorrow for the Cantwell area moose and caribou hunting, which will leave Donna and Willow home alone so we will plan to spend more time in the Sterling area.  We also plan to pick some wild cranberries, which are just about ripe.  The trees are just starting to change color and should be peak color about the time we leave in about a month.

That's about it for now.....

1 comment:

  1. I finally just got caught up on all the summer's adventures! It was so great to see some pictures of you guys and the boys and hear of the wildlife sightings, the quilt shops and good restaurants, and the friends you've made, and how you overcame the loss of your fishing gear :) Hope you're both recovering from your colds and enjoying the first few days of September in Alaska! Love to both of you from me and Steve!

    ReplyDelete